Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting Closer to the Election

Yesterday, I observed the Obama field workers in action. It was really something to see. We had over 250 volunteers from Weston, my home town. The demographics ran the gamut from high school students to 90 year old men and women. The word of the day was enthusiasm. Another word might be joy.

You could tell from the electricity in the room, that there was a real chance for the state to go Democratic....something we are not usually used to. We were told that there would be a team of the best lawyers in the country at our beck and call for any emergency that might happen....very reassuring when you live in Florida. As a Democratic Leader, I really felt statewide victory and came away elated.

I somehow became very emotionally engaged in this election. I dislike the Republican team so intently and adore the Democratic team. I really do see hope when Obama Biden is in charge of our country. I just wish it was all over already. It almost is. Absentee ballots were received Friday and I will be voting today. At least it will be over for me.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Ann, Your wonderful enthusiasm is so great. That is truly what this election is all about. Never have I seen so much bias and mud slinging from the other team. What a disgrace for us as a country. Barack Obama will restore us as one nation, undivided. That's why he's here and that's why he'll win. B Bennett