Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things About Me

My daughter dared me to write 25 things about me on my Facebook page. These are the things that I came up with. Basically this is who I am.

1. I am basically a very lazy person. My most comfortable days are when I don't get dressed.

2. I am happiest when I am curled up in the recliner with a good book.

3. I am an obsessive collector. I can't just have one of something I like - I buy in bulk

4. I am the eternal optimist. I always try to see whatever bright side exists.

5. I am very high maintenance. I require a lot to exist.

6. I am vain. I like to look nice and work real hard at it. I passed that trait down to Sharon, but then again, she always looks nice.

7. I just had a birthday and it had to be one of the most painful days of my life. The older I get, the more I cherish my old friends.

8. I am very fortunate that I have a wonderful family. It wasn't easy, but when you work at it, it comes together.

9. My son lives in New York and it kills me. I know that he is where he needs to be and where he belongs, but I wish he felt that way when he lived down in Florida.

10. My daughter lives around the corner from me and I feel wonderfully fortunate that she allows me to be part of her day to day life.

11. Sharon's husband Darren is an absolute saint. Not only does he put up with my daughter, but he puts up with me as well and I'm not easy!!!

12. My sister and her family are now part of my every day existence. It was not an easy process, but we had to grow into our feelings and I think we finally made it. We also have more in common now than ever before.

13, I have a niece that was part of my world before and is part of my world again. She is also part of me.

14. ADHD is a family trait. My father's family is rife with it and I unfortunately passed it on to my son and my niece. My Emma is also ADHD the way we were. I know just what she is experiencing.

15. I wanted to be a musical comedy star when I was growing up. My favorite role was Ado Annie in Oklahoma and I performed it in school plays.

16. I passed my love of theater down to my children. Emma and Camryn are the only kids that age that know the lyrics to showtunes.

17. I also passed down my love of performing. My daughter was a theater major and Emma takes drama classes. Larry did stand up comedy and made entertainment interviews the lynchpin of his profession.

18. I get very scared that one day I will not be able to handle the myriad things life throws at me.

19. I get scared that more will be thrown at me and I really think I've had enough.

20. I nursed my mother through cancer and my husband through five years of ALS. I want this to be my time.

21. I am very scatterbrained. I am constantly locking my keys in my car and calling Darren to come and unlock the car for me.

22. I have a minor focus problem. It takes me a minute to process what is said - sometimes people think I don't hear them, but what really happens is that I need to process.

23. I am a very private person. I can go on for hours about things that really mean nothing to me, but rarely communicate the things that are very important.

24. I have a tendency to block unpleasant things from my memory. People and incidents where I was left hurting just stop to exist in my world.

25. My mother was a beautiful woman but my father was the person that I idolized all mylife.

No comments: