Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Day Before

Sleeping is getting harder and harder. I knew that the big announcement was coming this morning and that this would generate as much if not more hype than the pre convention broadcasts. It went the way I hoped for. I think Joe Biden is perfect to balance the ticket.

I loved the email addressed to Ann, talking about Joe and signed Barack. Great PR - made me feel (even though I knew that was hardly the case) that this was all about me.

Haven't really started packing yet. Too many things to take care of before. When I return from Denver I only have a week before my Emma's Bat Mitzvah with guests from various parts of the country. Had to get ready for that as well.

I am really bummed because we will be in Denver on Primary Day and I have a lot invested personally in that as well. In addition to my really good friend Scott Israel running for Sheriff, I have many good friends running for judicial positions. Ellen Feld, Paul Eichner, Steve Feren and Catalina Avalos are all very dear to me. I am really sorry that I will not be around to drink all the champagne, but they all promised to save some for me.

So many people have told me that this is an extra special convention and I will be a part of history in the making that I am starting to believe it. Got a call from the Obama campaign the other night asking me if I would be available for press coverage. After I stopped laughing I said "sure". Whole thing is definitely surreal.

Invitations have been coming fast and furious. I think just about every lobbying group in the world is having a gala party, dinner, lunch, event etc. I don't quite understand why they are doing this for the little people. When push comes to shove, we have nothing to say about anything and are really only there for help in motivating the country with our enthusiasm. I hear there are going to be lots of protesters in front of the Convention Center, but I think that is more preaching to the choir. Of course we are anti War - of course we are pro choice - that is why we are Democrats.

It's going to be a wild ride - I really can't wait!

No comments: