Sunday, August 24, 2008

WELCOME TO DENVER.....

.....that is the sign that we are seeing everywhere we pass. It seems that the whole city is dressed up for the coming of the Democrats.

Made it to the airport very early this morning. Security went off without a hitch and when we got to the gate we met many members of the Florida delegation. They were as bleary eyed as we were. It reminded me of the camp busses. People walked around the plane and chatted. It was great to see Debbie Wasserman Schultz dressed down and relaxed. I told her that I almost didn't recognize her without Chris Matthews or Keith Olbermann next to her:-)

The hotel we are staying at, the Red Lion, is the home base of the Florida delegation. People are out in the lobby, milling around, talking politics and the mood is excited. Our first event is the welcoming ceremony tonight. The shuttle will take us to the Convention Center at 5:30 and we have a few hours to network. I will definitely take the camera!

Our delegation breakfast begins at 7:00 tomorrow morning. I am still on eastern time so at some point I will definitely need to sleep.

Have to unpack now - more later

No comments: